These are just some random thoughts that are going through my mind as I sit here waiting to put my winter coat into the dryer. (I don't think it's going to be dry in time for work. :(
I can't get this one thought out of my mind today. This morning at 4:00 a.m. I had a guest who needed a shuttle to the hospital, and about 15 mintues later the hospital called and needed a shuttle to bring someone back to the hotel...*sigh*. When they brought the 2nd lady back I learned the story of the people staying at the hotel.
The first lady who is 46 was going to the hospital to be with her husband who is also 46. He had a stroke Saturday and they will be harvesting his organs and taking him off life support today. The second lady was the mother of these people.
I find this SO sad, and I realize that LIFE is precious. I also realized that every day we have so much to smile about and to live for. I've had a really bad attitude the past few weeks. I've had a selfish attitude and was expecting someone else to make me happy. We need to be happy just to be here.
I have a lot of things I'm not happy about in my life right now, finances, car problems, home repairs, etc. I realize though that those things come & go and there will always be "something".
I hope all of us today and every day will take note of the positive things in our life. Maybe our health, our families, our friends...there are so many important things to be happy about.
Well, maybe I should have entitled this rambling rather than random. But, I just did want to share what was on my mind.
About a week ago some I love & care about very much told me this when I said..."Is everything going to be ok?" He said "No, but we'll get through it." It's true....nothing is going to be perfectly ok....but we'll all get through it.
I hope you are all ready for the holidays and I hope maybe this lesson I learned can make a difference for you too.
Luv YA!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment